Who Am I?
My Name is Chrishna (Radha Krishna) and I am a Professional Blogger who spends most of the time on the laptop writing articles and optimizing the websites.
You can read my work @ 9to5Blogger.com
My Facebook ID: @GVRadhaKrishna
Why Did I Start this Blog?
Like many of you reading this, I have also faced lot of health issues due to my inactive or sedentary lifestyle and as a result, I have put on a lot of weight.
Overweight issues can be seen in almost every family these days and even I have faced such issues until last summer (2020).
Fortunately, I have reversed my obesity problem by following simple eating habits and with regular exercise.
It was at that point, I have decided to write about all my experiences on a separate blog so that everyone else who’re facing similar health issues like me can make use of those tips that helped me become fit and strong.
However, it took me nearly 10 months to start this blog (GymBytes.com) but no issues as I will regularly update this blog with useful fitness tips that are easy to follow and implement.
My Weight Loss Journey:
According to my height (5’10’’), my ideal weight should be around 80 to 82. But, I touched my highest weight of 104.5 in March 2020.
That is when I seriously decided to get rid of all those excess pounds piling on to my body.
Of-course, I’ve tried several crash diets all these years only to end up losing 2-3 pounds and gaining all of it back within just a week’s time.
So, this time I’ve ensured not to indulge in any of those quick diet fixes and depend on science completely.
Without further ado, let’s get into the exact science behind weight loss.
- 1 Kg = 2.2 Pounds
- 1 Pound = ~3500 calories
Also remember that you should avoid all the 3 white poisons – white rice, sugar, all purpose flour (maida) and replace them with brown rice, jaggery/honey and whole wheat flour.
And, some studies suggest that losing so much weight in a very less timespan isn’t good for health. Experts recommend losing just 1 to 2 pounds per week.
Coming to my part, I’ve lost 15 kilos in 5 months without affecting my health. Here is some math:
I’ve lost all this weight without performing any workouts or going to the gym. Why? Because I never wanted to waste my time doing hard core exercises in the beginning of my weight loss journey and there is a reason for that.
So, I have an excess body weight of 25 Kgs and I wanted to lose 75% of it i.e, ~16 kgs through diet and the rest 9 kgs (30%) through exercise, which I think is fair since the last few pounds of weight is tough to get rid of and you’ll need to include strength training to lose those stubborn fat.
Now, since I already came under 90 kilos, I’ll not be able to lose much weight with just diet. Therefore, I’ll be starting my workouts from the coming week to lose it.
If you’re planning to lose weight like me, here is a sample diet I’ve followed.
Phase I: Detoxification
Since, our body is already filled with toxins and wastes, it is high time that we get rid of them by following a detox diet. I suggest the 7 day GM diet as it also helps in losing some weight along with detoxing your body.
- Day 1: Only fruits (except Banana): No limit on the quantity but for better results, eat more of watermelon and less of mangoes.
- Day 2: Only Vegetables (except Potato): No limit on the quantity. Eat to your hearts content. You can either eat them raw or boiled but don’t use oil to fry them.
- Day 3: Combination of Veggies and Fruits. No bananas and only 1 large boiled potato for breakfast. Rest of the day is your wish. Eat both veg & fruit salads throughout the day.
- Day 4: Milk & Bananas. You can eat a total of 6 small or 4 large bananas and 750 ml of skimmed milk for the whole day. During lunch and dinner, have the cabbage soup.
- Day 5: Meat (chicken/beef/fish/eggs) and Tomatoes (or) Paneer (Indian Cheese) and Tomatoes. For the whole day, you can have 500 gms of skinless meat or 500g of Paneer and 6 tomatoes. You can drink tomato soup or chicken soup on this day.
- Day 6: Meat/Paneer and Veggies. No Tomatoes today. Drink chicken soup or vegetable soup.
- Day 7: Brown Rice, Fruit juices and Vegetables (No Banana and Potato).
This diet helps you lose weight without going hungry. But, don’t follow it continuously as it is not advised. You can give a gap of 1 week and start the gm diet again, if you wanted to lose more weight.
Phase 2: Low Carb Diet with Intermittent Fasting
If you don’t know already, depriving your body of carbs will make it enter into a state called ‘Ketosis’ where the body uses stored carbs (fat) for energy, thereby helping you lose weight fast.
And, when the Ketogenic diet is paired with Intermittent Fasting, you’ll get much faster results.
You’ll have to fast for 16 hours and can eat during the remaining 8 hour window.
Another scientific reason to include cheat day or high carb day is to not make your body’s metabolism get adjusted to the new lifestyle, which makes losing weight impossible.
Therefore, in order to give it a shock, you’ll need to up the carb intake once in awhile so that your metabolic rate doesn’t get disturbed.
Sample Diet Plan for Weight Loss
- Breakfast: 2 Hard Boiled Eggs and Whey Protein Shake
- Morning Snack: Apple & Goa (fruit)
- Lunch: Brown Rice/Pulkas with some protein (Lean chicken breast or Eggs or Soy paneer or Mushrooms, Lentils, Fish) + 1 cup of Greek Yogurt (curd)
- Evening Snack: Banana & Spinach shake with skim milk or 1 large bowl of Papaya
- Dinner: Vegetable Salad or soup and protein shake
I continued this Phase 2 until I hit my 70% weight loss goal i.e, 15 kgs. Now, since I am under 90 kilos, I’ll be starting the Phase 3.
Phase 3: Low Carb High Protein Diet with Strength Training
I have continued the low carb diet and also included strength training workouts to build muscles, which can in-turn burn more calories and as a result, I have come closer to my ideal weight.
Strength training includes targeting individual muscle groups every alternate day and doing cardio on the remaining days.
I am sure by now, you have understood the rigorous schedule/journey I have gone through to get fit and healthy.
I will also be sharing all my experiences and personal tips that have helped me in losing all those extra pounds without any side effects.
In case, if you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I will try my best to help you.