Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna diet aka VRK diet plan is a modified form of Ketogenic diet to suit the likes of Indians.
Mr.Veeramachaneni is an accountant by profession and after struggling with obesity for many years, he finally found a special weight loss diet that helped him lose around 30 kgs in just 3 months of time.
He later tried it on his relatives and friends who also have seen wonders through this healthy eating lifestyle.
And, in an attempt to make everyone in the society as healthy as him, he has decided to spread the message to everyone that there is a healthy diet that cures all your health issues including weight loss, diabetes, pcos, thyroid, blood pressure etc… without any medication.
You know what? He actually succeeded in his attempt with distinction.
Now, he has gained immense following in the Telugu states, thanks to his popular regime – Veeramachaneni diet chart for weight loss & diabetes.
How Does Veeramachaneni Diet Plan Work?
The VRK diet aka South Indian Keto diet suggests eating high-fat, moderate protein and low carb foods.
And, when you deprive your body of carbs, which are the main source of energy for the body, it then uses the stored fat in the body to meet its energy needs, thereby allowing you to lose weight superfast.
He used to weigh about 123 kg earlier and have tried different diets and exercises to lose weight but failed miserably.
Later, he followed the keto diet, by consuming 70-100 gms of fat, 3 lemons, 4 liters of water and 1 multi-vitamin tablet per day.
He also claims that his diet not only helps in losing weight, but also reverses Type 2 diabetes.
Veeramachaneni Diet Plan for Weight Loss
The VRK diet plan is divided into 2 types
- Liquid Diet Plan (for extreme weight loss)
- Solid Diet Plan (for moderate weight loss)
Everyone can follow the liquid diet plan as long they want and later move to the solid diet plan or directly start with the solid diet.
It is your personal choice. But, if you’re facing heavy weight issues or health issues, it is highly suggested to start with the VRK liquid diet first and then move to the solid part.
In this article, we’ll be discussing the Solid diet plan where you’ll be eating your favorite solid foods with little to no carbs and still lose weight.
VRK Diet Pillars
- Fat – 70 to 100 gms (Choose any of these – Coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, butter, cheese)
- Lemons – 3
- Water – 4 Liters
- Multivitamin tablets – 2 per day (if liquid diet) or 1 per day (if solid meal)
1. VRK Liquid Diet Plan (Sample Menu)
You can choose any of the suggested oils as a fat source.
VRK sir recommends Coconut oil as it is the best of all.
- Take 500 ml warm water and add 20-30 gms of FAT (oil) and drink it. This should be repeated multiple times in a day until the recommended 70-100 gms fat is consumed.
- You should take 2 multi-vitamin tablets during this diet, one in the morning and another in the evening.
- Try to drink 4 liters of water per day. You can use 2 tbsp of curd per 1 liter of water and 1 lemon for better taste.
You can follow this liquid diet for as long as you’re comfortable and there is no problem in doing so. There are people who did it continuously for 1 month without any health issues.
2. VRK Solid Diet Plan (1 Meal & 2 Meals)
Once you completed the liquid diet plan, you can move to eating solid foods that are allowed on the diet.
In case, if you’re a vegetarian, you may replace the non-vegetarian foods with vegetarian or vegan alternatives. The diet plan remains the same for every body.
This is a sample VRK meal plan with solid foods for you to have a better understanding of how to follow the diet properly.
- Early Morning: Start your day with a glass of lukewarm water + 1 lime juice mixed together
- Breakfast: Egg omelette or boiled eggs with vegetables (max 6 eggs allowed per day)
- Mid-Morning Snack: Clear soup (vegetables/chicken/mutton) with any of the recommended fats (I prefer coconut oil). Do take a multi-vitamin tablet.
- Lunch: Vegetable curry or Chicken/Fish/Prawns/Mutton curry with sea salt or rock salt. Cook it with pepper and olive oil.
- Evening Snack: Bulletproof coffee with 10 gms of fat
- Dinner: Soup with fat (make sure you finish your daily target of 70 gms fat per day by this meal)
Points to be Remembered:
- Make sure you finish off your daily target of 70 gms fat, 4 liters of water, 3 lemons and 1 multivitamin without fail.
- The above chart is a two meal plan where you’ll be eating solid food only 2 times in a day and drinking liquids through the rest of the day.
- In case if you want speed weight loss results, you can simply follow the one meal diet plan by combining the two solid meals into 1. You can have it anytime during the day. The rest of the rules are the same for any type of meal plan.
- Processed salt should only be used for cooking. Just boil the salt in water and then use it in your salads or recipes.
- You can have lemons with water or buttermilk or even soups or recipes, in any way you like it.
Foods Allowed on VRK Diet Plan
- Meat (Chicken/Fish/Mutton/Prawns): 250 gms for women and 300 gms for men
- Eggs: 0 to 6 max
- Dairy: Paneer, Tofu (soya paneer)
- In Limits: 1 small tomato, 1 small onion, 1 medium sized carrot
- Vegetables: Ladyfingers, Brinjal, Cabbage, Cauliflower
- Dry Fruits: 10 Almonds, 10 Walnuts, 10 Pistachios
- Seeds: 5 tsp Flax Seeds, 5 tsp Chia seeds
- FAT: Coconut oil, Olive oil, Butter, Ghee, Cheese
- Spices: Ginger-garlic paste, sea salt, chilly, pepper, turmeric and home made masala powder
If you’re a vegetarian, simply replace meat with Paneer in the same quantities. The rest of the meals are the same.
Foods Not Allowed on VRK Diet Plan
- White rice
- Sugar & sweeteners
- White bread
- Whole wheat
- All fast foods
- All remaining vegetables
- All fruits except strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
- All Soft drinks or alcoholic beverages
Frequently Asked Questions
Is drinking coconut oil good or bad?
The VRK diet suggests consuming 70 to 90 gms of Virgin Coconut Oil along with the foods or soups you intake but not the oil alone as it may cause severe irritation inside your digestive tract.
And, MCT oil or coconut oils are not harmful to our health as long as you have it in recommended quantities and methods.
Why am I not losing weight in a VRK diet?
There are a few reasons why some people see less/no weight loss results on the VRK meal plan, which include:
– Limiting your daily food intake to <1200 calories, which is very extreme for any individual (male/female). It causes a drop in metabolism and prevents you from losing weight.
– Not taking recommended daily fat in any form
– Eating foods that are high in carb content
– Eating too much of protein that may convert in to insulin and can kick you out of ketosis.
– Drinking very less amount of water.
How to maintain weight after completing VRK diet program?
VRK Sir suggests that you should not stop the diet until you reach your target ideal weight. And, once you’ve achieved your goal, you can then slowly re-introduce complex carbs (not simple carbs) like brown rice, millets, wheat etc… in to your diet routine.
You should also make sure to eat have just two meals per day, which help in maintaining your lost weight effectively.
What is the best alternative for coconut oil (fat) in VRK diet?
The best alternative for coconut oil is olive oil and ghee.
Once, you’ve completed Veeramachaneni diet plan for weight loss and reached your ideal or target weight, you should then continue a healthy eating lifestyle in order to maintain your weight loss results.
Else, you’ll regain all your lost weight when you get back to unhealthy eating habits.
Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna diet plan is undoubtedly the best weight loss diet that also treats other health issues like diabetes, blood pressure, PCOD etc…
Hope you understood the scientific logic behind the weight management. If you have tried this VRK low carb diet, please do share your success story with us and we’d love to hear it.